Call for Students’ Applications
‘Intensive Practical Training Course and International Workshop on Water-Energy Nexus: Concepts, Methodologies and Future Developments’
Egypt, 2 –10 November 2019
The Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA) in cooperation with the Environmental and Smart Technology Group (ESTG) at Fayoum University and the Energy Materials Laboratory at the American University in Cairo (AUC) is pleased to announce the Call for Students’ Applications to attend an ‘Intensive Practical Training Course and International Workshop on Water-Energy Nexus: Concepts, Methodologies and Future Developments’ in Egypt from 2 to 10 November 2019.
The course will provide the participants with basic theoretical and practical knowledge needed for:
– Synthesis and characterization of different types of solar cells and modules,
– Synthesis and characterization of polymeric membranes for water purification and desalination,
– Synthesis and testing of advanced materials-based supercapacitors.
The training course and workshop is planned to take place at three different venues:
– Environmental and Smart Technology Group, Faculty of Science, Fayoum University, Fayoum/Egypt
– Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Cairo/Egypt
– Energy Materials Laboratory, American University in Cairo/Egypt
– Recent graduates of Science and Engineering from Arab countries and Germany (graduation year 2013–2019)
– Very good command of English
– Current work on research projects related to water and energy topics.
– Curriculum vitae (CV)
– Motivation letter (max. one page)
– Abstract for a poster presentation including the applicant’s own scientific results in regard to water and energy topics (max. one page)
– Copy of Bachelor/Masters certificates
For full consideration, the application documents should be sent as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 5th October 2019. A confirmation email will be sent to all applicants. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further organizational steps. Travel and accommodation costs for the selected participants will be covered by AGYA.
The Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA) is based at the Berlin Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW) and at the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT) in Egypt. It was established in 2013 and is the first bilateral young academy worldwide. AGYA promotes research cooperation among outstanding early-career researchers (3–10 years post PhD) from all disciplines who are affiliated with a research institution in Germany or in any Arab country. The academy supports the innovative projects of its members in various fields of research as well as in science policy and education. Currently, 60 members – in equal number Arab and German scholars – realize joint projects and initiatives. AGYA is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and various Arab cooperation partners.